Installation Instructions - Coleman Mach 8
1. Remove filter covers and filters from A/C cover
2. Remove four screws holding the cover in place (be careful to hold the cover as you remove the screws to prevent breaking the cover). Set the cover to the side to be reinstalled. Removing the cover will expose another odd shaped cover called a “chute”.
3. Locate the four screws holding the “chute” in place. Carefully support the chute as you remove the screws. Set the “chute” to the side. You WILL NOT be reinstalling the “chute”.
4. Removing the “chute” will expose a large open area under the A/C called the plenum. A foam divider separates the plenum into two compartments. Remove the foam divider. You WILL NOT be reinstalling the foam divider. Set it to the side with the “chute”.
5. Now it is time to install the A/C Connect system. Holding the system in the middle, insert the A/C adapter into the rectangular opening in the bottom of your Coleman Mach 8 Series A/C. The adapter is marked with “FRONT OF RV” and “BACK OF RV”. The adapter should be installed with that orientation. The lip of the adapter should sit flush with the metal base of your A/C.
6. Use self tapping screws to secure the vent adapter in place.
7. Next, take the two vent adapters attached to your system and insert them into the ventilation openings on either side of the plenum. (Please note our systems are shipped flat. You will need to turn the vent adapters 90 degrees. Hold the two vent adapters and press slightly toward AC adapter to keep the ducting collapsed. Turn in desired direction.) The vent adapters should slide easily behind the bolts securing your A/C to your roof. If your vent openings are too small or too big all is not lost! Please visit My Vent Adapter Doesn’t Fit! for instructions on adapting our system to your rig.
8. Your system comes with HVAC foil tape. Tape around the vent adapters to secure them in place and prevent air leaks. The vent openings in your plenum may be larger than the vent adapters you have just inserted. Use the foil tape to cover any excess opening around the vent
9. It’s time to test your A/C!!! Turn on your A/C and feel around the A/C Connect system. You are feeling for cold air leaks. You will feel and hear the air rushing into the A/C so don’t get confused. You are feeling for cold air specifically. If you find any leaks, simply use the foil tape to stop them. Once you have completed that, your system is fully installed!
10. Reinstall your A/C cover, filters and filter covers. Now, it’s time to enjoy your KoolRV™!
***PLEASE NOTE. WE RECOMMEND KEEPING THE “CHUTE” AND FOIL DIVIDER (REMOVED DURING INSTALLATION) IN CASE YOU SHOULD EVER WANT TO REMOVE THE A/C CONNECT SYSTEM. YOUR COLEMAN MACH A/C WILL NOT FUNCTION WITHOUT EITHER THE A/C CONNECT SYSTEM INSTALLED OR THE “CHUTE” AND DIVIDER INSTALLED.***